Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 2: Bottle Brush Flowers

A peak through the trees with some fun bristle shaped flowers. I have no idea what they are, but they are incredibly funny looking.


Today was Day 1 of Synthesis Block. After watching an hour long badly acted out video of a patient encounter we were broken up into groups of 9 students and given a body system to discuss. My group has questions on alcoholism, but we're under the general GI group. The idea is to "teach each other about different body systems and be like real colleagues."  This is for the huge final we have in two weeks. While I think the idealistic approach is cool, I know it's not going to work out that way. Our group already split up the questions and decided to meet in a couple of days just to put the ppt together. In the meantime, I'm just going to do all the questions by myself because they're a good review for the test. For the most part, the actual group work is a waste of time when you're scrambling to re-learn everything from the whole year. 

On the brighter sider...I get my new tooth (part 1) tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment